When sat at our desks we often take for granted our vision. Vision can be damaged by things such as glare from our screens. Just by making a few small adjustments you can mitigate the discomfort caused by prolonged use of screens.
- Check the lighting levels – Insufficient light can cause eye strainbut if its overly bright it can cause glare from your computer
- Take breaks – every 20 minutes, look 20 feet away for 20 seconds
- Position your monitor – your screen should be atleast 18 inches away from your eyes. You should be able to read the text easily.
- Reduce glare – Position your monitor perpendicular to light sources. If you can see a reflection of light then you should reposition your monitor
- Dont forget to blink! Often if you’re concentrating you dont blink as often as you should. So make a conscious effort to remember!
In order for us to prevent musculoskeletal issues we must adopt good posture at work. When sitting in our office chairs we need to makesure we sitting correctly and that our screens are in the correct position.
- Adjust the height of your chair – your work surface should be elbow high and your feet flat on the floor ( you may need to use a foot rest)
- Set the height of your computer screen – your eyes should be level with the center of the screen
- Get up and move – take a break atleast once every half an hour for 2 minutes just to stretch and stand
- Makesure your arm rests are the correct height – your shoulders should be relaxed when you are working
If you’d like more information on purchasing ergonomic office products then get in touch.